Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Mrs.Dalloway





 I actually got two days in a row off of work this week and just finished Mrs.Dalloway this evening. I like this book the most out of the texts we have read thus far. I like that Peter and Clarissa are atheists! I am an atheist and feel that I, and my atheist friends, are friendlier and more kind than most religious people I have met. I like the Doris Kilman is the religious freak and the book and Clarissa describes her as " clumsy, hot, domineering, hypocritical, eavesdropping, jealous, infinitely cruel, and unscrupulous." (126) I feel the exact same way about most religious people!

I think that Clarissa should have run away with Sally! They seem to get along better than Clarissa and Peter, or Clarissa and Richard. I think Viriginia Woolf was a progressive writer for her times!

No comments:

Post a Comment