Friday, September 21, 2012

Lady Chatterly's Lover






Lady Chatterly's Lover. I wondered, when I finished this novel, why the title says Lover and not Lovers. Because Mellors was not Connie's only lover. Michaelis was her lover also. But maybe the title entails that to be a lover isn't simply engaging in sex, but being in love with a person.

This novel now surpasses Mrs.Dalloway as my favorite novel that we have read in our class. I was surprised at the in depth sexuality expressed in this novel! I was surprised, but also enjoyed it!  I felt a connection to Connie and Mellors. I feel that they both fought against the classes that they were thrown into. Oh Mellors seems like such a sweet heart. I always found myself waiting for the next page so I could find out him and Connie's next sexual endeavor. I loved how they would place flowers on each other and touch each other affectionately.

At first I thought that Lawrence was probably a woman because of his in depth writing about women's feelings. And when I found out he was a man I thought of him as sort of a pervert! LOL! Oh well, I was still entertained and I will definitely check out other novels by him.

No comments:

Post a Comment